Old January 18th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default For Mr Chisholm

Lou Holtman wrote:
"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
"Sandy" writes:

http://www.rouesartisanales.com/

The rolling resistance measurements are interesting. The top 6
clinchers had a lower Crr than the best tubular. Of course that says
nothing as to whether the differences would be significant when riding
a bike versus measuring them on the machine.

So you are saying that this sort of measurements are useless in practice?
Rolling resistance is no parameter for you choosing a tire? I rode tires
that came out best and worse in this sort of test and I could feel the
difference, so for me these tests are valid.

Lou

I think and I agree, that the differences are teeny tiny in the bicycle
and rider 'eqaution'. Ya may want to buy a tire for RR numbers but as
for them being 'significant numbers', well, they are not.

Drag differences on wheels and things, found in a wind tunnel, are also
in the 'noise' catagory. When you put that round legged thing called a
rider onto a bicycle, most numbers mean little to nada.