Old May 18th 17, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default "How Low-Income Cyclists Go Unnoticed"

"There really is a world where people pedal to work, use bikes for
everyday transportation and, by riding, form close communities of
friends and neighbors—and it exists right in your own town"

http://www.bicycling.com/culture/advocacy/how-low-income-cyclists-go-unnoticed

In Silicon Valley we have the well-off tech professionals that ride
their nice commute bikes to work. We have the day workers riding their
Walmart bikes. We have the middle school and high school students riding
to and from school. We have the Chinese grandparents, that live with
their kids and don't drive, riding to the store or riding to the schools
to pick up their grandchildren.