Old September 7th 09, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

Default Koolstop cartridge pads not fitting

On 7 Sep, 13:49, wrote:
Seriously though, it shouldn't be a problem - a couple of weeks ago I
installed some Koolstop pads into Aztec holders and was able to slide
the old pads out and the new ones in by hand.

Which was my experience last time I replaced a pad (the pin failed
somehow at some point, I backed up a little with the brakes still
partly on having come to a halt to let some pedestrians across the
road and the pad fell out without me noticing. Scary)

My immediate thoughts were "are these counterfeit?" to be honest.

I might go get some Aztec ones purely for safety's sake.

I've been using Koolstop pads in Aztec holders for ages now.
Sometimes they go in easy, sometimes they're real stiff, I've no idea
why. I find wetting the pads (spit on them) helps them in if they're
being tricksy. I went off the Aztec pads because they seemed to wear
away the rims rather too quickly.