Old June 9th 16, 03:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rolf Mantel

Default riding on the sidewalk

Am 09.06.2016 um 16:11 schrieb jbeattie:
On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 4:34:08 AM UTC-7, W. Wesley Groleau
wrote:
On 06-09-2016 02:04, jbeattie wrote (in reply to me):
If you're such an avid cyclist, get the f*** out of your car! I
made a conscious decision not to get one of those plates because
it simply highlight the fact that I'm driving my car instead of
riding my bike.

I guess "you" is intended generally. I got rid of the car July
2010.

I was able to delay the purchase of a car until I was in my mid-20s,
but living without one is not possible for me now. The best I can do
is leave it in the driveway most days.

I was able to delay until the early 40's when my 6 year-old son went to
a school 1.5 miles away from home with no meaningful public transport
from home to school (cycling to school with dad in the morning was OK
but picking up two kids in the afternoon at different places was too
challenging).