Old April 26th 05, 03:33 PM
Paul D

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:03:35 +0100, "Simonb"
wrote:

If you don't want to spend much money, get the old one mended. And a bigger
chainring fitted if you think the gears are too low.

I don't mind spending the money, if it will enhance the cycling experience, but
it's utterly confusing.

The advice I got at the LBS is quite contrary to what I got here.

And I'll bet if I went to another LBS, I'd get different advice again

ps, I think your stereotype road bike rider is rather wide of the mark

It's an observation thing, isn't it.

You see someone bent forward on drop bars, hooning accross red lights after
squeezing between you and the bus waiting there, but don't notice the other road
bikers patiently waiting behind you.