Old December 17th 17, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 08:12:57 +1100, James
wrote:

On 17/12/17 07:58, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Original photo:
https://www.bumm.de/files/Produkte/80%20Lux%20-%20Ausleuchtung%20IQ-Premium.jpg
I was wrong. There really is some detail in the dark areas beyond the
columns. I did some contrast and gamma tweaking with Irfanview, which
brought out some detail:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/bicycles/Cygo-Premium/80%20Lux%20-%20Ausleuchtung%20IQ-Premium%20-%20contrast-adjusted.jpg

I didn't need to manipulate the image to see in to the shadows. Your
eyesight or computah monitor might be substandard.

My eyesight sucks but is good enough to pass a driving test without
glasses. My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 243T. 24", 1920x1200,
and a mediocre 500:1 contrast ratio. It's a a-si TFT/PVA panel, not
an IPS so it doesn't work too well near black. The video card is an
NVIDIA GeForce GT640. These were both state of the art circa 2003 or
so. No matter what I do to play with the display contrast,
brightness, and color temp, I still can't see the dim detail in the
dark areas.

So, it might be real, where the Photoshop job removed all the expected
floor debris, ceiling hangers, and column fasteners which I would
expect in such an underground garage.

What are you talking about? There are rails on the ceiling as clear as
day, probably used to move that backdrop sheet to different distances
from the light. There's also what could be a cable duct between 10 & 20m.

That's the problem... they're too clear as day. They're absolutely
perfect and pristine. I haven't been in too many office building
underground parking garages, but the one's I have seen don't look
anything like the photo. This is what a high end garage should look
like:
http://eemcnow.net/wp-content/uploads/thread-bmw-secret-underground-garage-unvieled_373162.jpg
It's the fabled BMW secret underground garage. I call to your
attention:
1. The far more numerous overhead sprinklers in the BMW photo. A
single string of sprinklers would not protect a 45 meter long area.
2. The inclusion of lighting fixtures in the BMW photo, which seem to
be totally absent in the original photo.
3. The concrete floor in the BMW photo, instead of what looks like
asphalt in the original photo. It's concrete because it's part of the
building foundation.
4. The posting of parking stall numbers and signs on the plumbing in
the BMW photo. In the US, there would be conspicuous "emergency exit"
and "fire extinguisher" signs.
5. The columns in the BMW garage have beveled edges to prevent
chipping. The original photo has sharp edges.
6. The painted lane lines are far too perfect to be for real. The
dashed center line is missing the dashes nearest the bicycle.
7. The rather odd bracketry at the top of the columns in the original
photo. These seem reminiscent of redwood deck hangers and are not the
way concrete pillars are done. They use internal rebar supports
molded into the concrete beams.

In my never humble opinion, the light pattern on the floor is probably
real, but the rest of the garage is fabrication.

So the floor is clean. Would t be better to have it looking like a
filthy car garage? It's their underground test lab no doubt!

I'm not suggesting a filthy garage. Just one that has the usual
janitorial supplies, dead equipment, and emergency survival supplies
in preparation for the zombie apocalypse.

Well I have one. It lives up to the advertising.

Oh-oh. You seem to have a vested interest in maintaining the
reputation of the headlight and Busch + Müller. You probably should
disqualify yourself from this discussion.

Drivel:

You said it!

Right. It is drivel. Did you try the Photoshop test? It wasn't easy
and I had to resort to guessing on about 8 of the photos. I went
through it again, and still managed to miss 6 out of 25 photos. A
talented artist can make most anything look real with Photoshop. The
problem here is that he apparently made it look too real.

Out of time (again). I'll be back probably tomorrow.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D