Old June 2nd 04, 02:33 PM
Curtis L. Russell

Default Further to Claire Petersky's rant

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 22:02:07 -0400, "psycholist"
wrote:

I've been frequenting the same bike shop for the last dozen years. I tried
one time to figure up all the money I've spent there. I think it's $40,000
easily. That's probably low. I've bought several bikes, several sets of
expensive wheels, a universal gym, countless tires and tubes, clothing,
helmets, shoes, etc. etc.

Damn. I don't think I've spent $ 40,000 total on bike stuff in my
life. Getting close to 40 years of riding and probably 10-12 bikes,
but, nope, even counting the trailers and counting both tandems on my
account, I guess I'm going to fall a few thousand short.

Maybe I need to stop patching my tubes so much. Or buy more fancy
shorts. Start racing again and bend a few frames or something.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...