Old June 2nd 04, 04:27 PM
psycholist

Default Further to Claire Petersky's rant

"Curtis L. Russell" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 22:02:07 -0400, "psycholist"
wrote:

I've been frequenting the same bike shop for the last dozen years. I

tried
one time to figure up all the money I've spent there. I think it's

$40,000
easily. That's probably low. I've bought several bikes, several sets of
expensive wheels, a universal gym, countless tires and tubes, clothing,
helmets, shoes, etc. etc.

Damn. I don't think I've spent $ 40,000 total on bike stuff in my
life. Getting close to 40 years of riding and probably 10-12 bikes,
but, nope, even counting the trailers and counting both tandems on my
account, I guess I'm going to fall a few thousand short.

Maybe I need to stop patching my tubes so much. Or buy more fancy
shorts. Start racing again and bend a few frames or something.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Or have a family and buy bikes for your wife and kids, plus all their
accessories, and get hit by cars TWICE and have insurance pay for full
replacement, etc.

And how much do you ride? I ride 12,000 miles per year on average. I go
through quite a few chains, cassettes, tires, saddles, lube, etc.

If you've been riding 40 years and you've been through 10 or 12 bikes and
you don't think you've spent $40,000 then I'm betting you don't know how to
count.

Bob C.