Old September 10th 03, 10:31 PM
Sarah Miller

Default Work mates just don't get unicycling.

My work mates and boss just don't get it.

I've had a few probolems over the summer with serious back pain, caused
and agrevated by poor sitting posture. You know, office chair not
fitting, car seat with no lumar surport etc. So I've been in pain and
taken a few trips to see a physio, I'mnow physio free but still doing
the exercises.

Today I got told off for the mixed message I'd been sending my work
colleges because I continued to talk about unicycling at the weekend at
the same time as complaining about ill fitting chairs at work. ARrrrgh.

Did my boss really think I'd be doing something at the weekend that
would make the pain WORSE! I carried on unicycling with the blessing of
my physio because unicycling doesn't involve slouching but puts the
spine
into a pretty good shape and helps strengthen the musles
that keep it in a nice
position. In fact I'm wondering if part of the reason the back pain
kicked off this summer is because I've unicycling less and driving
more. If I could bear getting out of bed earlier I'd be tempted to ride
into work for a week and see how it affected me.

One other good reason for unicycling to work, it always cheered me up on
the way home, bicycling doesn't seem to be so good at that.

Rant over, thank you for reading this far, I'm sorry , I'll try not to do
it too often.

Sarah

--
Union of UK Unicyclists