Old August 3rd 06, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Frank exchange of words with black cabbie New Topic Reply to Topic

spindrift wrote:
"Gimme a chance mate, use your indicators!"

"I don't need to indicate"

he said

And he's correct. He's wrong to force you to brake, of course - that's bad
observation / bad driving by him - but if he was given a clear lane (yes, I
know he didn't get one, because you were in it), then he doesn't need to
indicate. The rule of the road is to keep left. If a driver is in an
overtaking lane, he should move back to the left hand land when safe.

(When I took my advanced driving test, I was told off by the police class 1
driver in the passenger seat for indicating when moving into a left-hand
lane, and the above was his explanation.)

Pete.