Old August 3rd 06, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
cupra

Default Frank exchange of words with black cabbie New Topic Reply to Topic

P wrote:
spindrift wrote:
"Gimme a chance mate, use your indicators!"

"I don't need to indicate"

he said

And he's correct. He's wrong to force you to brake, of course -
that's bad observation / bad driving by him - but if he was given a
clear lane (yes, I know he didn't get one, because you were in it),

So he was wrong then!

then he doesn't need to indicate. The rule of the road is to keep
left. If a driver is in an overtaking lane, he should move back to
the left hand land when safe.
(When I took my advanced driving test, I was told off by the police
class 1 driver in the passenger seat for indicating when moving into
a left-hand lane, and the above was his explanation.)

Pete.

What did he specify that you were doing wrong by indicating when you didn't
need to?