Old August 5th 19, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Default Handebar broke off - nasty cash

I would have to consider giving up riding if I could only use drop bars. But if that weren't the case, I think the latest trend towards 31.8mm bars with gradual tapers to the grip sections would be the best news in a long time. Get one of those that isn't too light and isn't made of plastic, and worry not.

My daily rider these days has bars that are 22.2mm throughout, made of chromoly, and not remotely lightweight. Branded Specialized and made by Nitto about thirty-five years ago.