Old April 28th 10, 05:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Default Do you know what would happen if you gave a bunch of bananas to a?bunch of monkeys?

On Apr 27, 5:50*pm, Jobst Brandt wrote:
Someone wrote:
Increasing the tax on gas would save thousands of lives a year as
people drove slower to get better mileage. We saw that in 2008.
Oh, yeah. *Brilliant idea.
How 'bout those food prices, huh?
Funny too how the food prices didn't drop after gas dropped from
$4/ gallon...

I only wished meat and junk food was pricey enough to reduce its
consumption. But all we got to do is TAX JUNK FOOD/MEAT and
subsidize the good stuff.

Cigarettes have risen enormously in price in the last ten years and
the same folks still burn them at a great rate. *When people have an
addiction, their fervor seems to rise with price of their habit. *I
have little hope for the proposal.

Jobst Brandt

Still smokers are fewer than in other countries where cigarettes are
cheaper.

It made me quit 13 years ago.