Old August 13th 19, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Bad rear derailleur???

On 2019-08-11 19:09, Chalo wrote:
Note that Shimano road and MTB 10 speed derailleurs have different
pull ratios. Rear derailleurs and shifters are miscible up to 9
speed.

Not really. I have a 7-speed set-up on my road bike and, after a crash
and restore, wanted to use the Alivio shifters from a 7-speed MTB on my
road bike. Measured the cable pull ration and it was almost 10%
different. So I still have friction shifters on the road bike until I
transplant the derailer. Which won't be easy since I have a 40T cog in back.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/