Old January 10th 09, 09:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dtecum

Default Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

I can sympathize with the sore knees and mental block. My quads still
ache after a practice. I cured my mental block by convincing myself I
was riding a bicycle. It worked. I practice on a small downgrade taking
advantage of gravity. More improvement. I raised the seat. More
improvement. I look down the road while riding. More improvement. I keep
practices to 20-25 minutes per day during the weekdays. More
improvement. Longer practices on the weekend. More improvement. Keeping
my weight on the seat has been a challenge to me. It still is. But even
that is improving. I use my truck as a push off to get started. My
longest ride has been about 700 yards or when my quads give out ( about
3 minutes). I bought a stock Sun uni 20" standard cranks and a stock Sun
24" 152 cranks. The longer cranks are better on the 24". I plan on
buying even longer cranks for the 24".

I started in Sept 2007. Don't give up. Everybody has their own
learning curve. Kaori Matsuzawa has been a great inspiration to me.
Check her out on youtube.

--
dtecum

You can't always believe a word I say.
I wouldn't join a club that has me as a member.