Old March 20th 08, 12:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Best gear for gravel? Tire Size? Rim Diameter?

On Mar 19, 8:43*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per :

My next
attempt, unless someone convinces me otherwise, will be at 35lbs
pressure. *I know I have not ridden gravel with pressure that low, so
it'll be interesting to compare against. *I'll post back with results
once I get a chance to try it, which may be a few days with this
weather.

Next stop:http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmeiser2/61141473/*? -)
--
PeteCresswell

You know, I'd really like a beach bike too. Somehow I think the
salt air, bits of salt water and the sand would be hell on the bike
though. 20mph on loose sand? That's awesome! I'm sure it'd float
over that gravel. I think that's a bike i'd have to try before I buy,
however.