Old June 17th 10, 10:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Default new cables, brake and shifter

On 17 June, 07:40, Chalo wrote:
thirty-six wrote:

Lube cables with plastic liners with silicone oil, a squirt of aerosol
down the liner does the trick. *Use graphite (again in aerosol form)
to lube steel housings. *They should be done when new and as and when..

I expected you to recommend whale oil or goose grease.

Doesn't come in an aerosol. I have a proper cable greaser which
attaches to a tyre pump, and its something I did a long time ago but
aerosols are ideal applicators and the solid lubricants work well when
chosen correctly. Still grease exposed wire under bottom bracket
shell.

*And for vegan
cyclists, what's wrong with macadamia oil?