Old August 12th 05, 06:40 AM
A Muzi

Default The one thing that couldn't go wrong, did go wrong.

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

I got my new wheels.

-snip-
The new rear hub is 130 mm wide.
Turns out I'd mis-measured my rear stays and they're only
124 mm. The frame is made of steel. It's reinforced by the
brake mount, so it doesn't flex much the way I need it to.
No way am I bending this frame, and I really don't want to
have anyone else do it either.
So I'm kinda screwed at this point.
I can't put this wheel on this frame. The front fits fine.

-snip-
Lay your frame without wheel flat on the ground. Put your
foot on the frame end. Lift the other one with both hands
until it stays at 130mm. Go ride. Sometime when it's
convenient, have the alignment checked.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org