Old April 3rd 06, 10:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default LED headlight problem solved

Grunty Grogan wrote:
During a power outage,my wife was wearing one of those. Every time I
spoke or moved, she would instinctively track me, and blind me.
Now imagine driving, walking, or cycling at night when the rider is
wearing one of those.

Well of course you don't let women use them.

What you need for safe low-light riding is the ability to overcome
high beams from oncoming traffic by watching the right edge of the
road with your head beacon, far from blinding the other guy with it.

In may case, it's a deer detector as well, picking up deer eyes off
the dark road edge where the fixed beams don't catch them.

You can see very well where the beam is going, and it's easy to
manage.
--
Ron Hardin