Old August 17th 06, 02:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duncan

Default LED Headlight

HughMann wrote:
Has anyone bought one of these?
Any Road Tests? At $ 60 would need to be brilliant ( haha)

'Infini Luxo 1 w Headlight' (http://tinyurl.com/g6g9k)

Bought a PowerBeam 5 lead cheapo ($15) light which is very bright but
the mounting is P155 weak and the light rattles off so I now have to
use a loop of knicker elastic to keep it on the handlebars.

Have mucked about with various homebrew lighting attemps at that are
never waterproof and are totally bog ugly.

For waterproofness.. I ended up screwing a 3W white luxeon straight
onto a CPU heatsink, which also acts as the mount, then silicone'd
around the whole lens/LED assembly (which also helped hold the lens on
the front). Looks fugly, but appears to be waterproof enough.

I don't think 1W is enough for a front..., maybe as a wide beam "can
you see me?", but not to see where you're going. 3W is marginal but ok
on the road for me.