Old August 28th 03, 11:57 AM
trg

Default Headlight

That depends a bit on your commute. Is your object to see or be seen? Can
you leave the light on the bike or do you have to take it off to keep it
from getting nicked? Do you mind recharging batteries?

Personally I have a helmet mounted NiteRider. It started life as bar
mounted, but I got tired real fast of attaching and removing it from the
bike all the time. Now, I don't have to worry about removing the light and
battery each time I lock up my bike, I just take my helmet with me. Since I
commute mainly on well lit city streets I use it to be seen rather than to
see. And because it's attached to my head, I find it very easy to aim it at
a driver to be sure he sees me. This is especially useful for the most
dangerous situations visibility wise- someone approaching from a street on
the left or oncoming traffic turning left. I can aim it at them and because
of the power of the lamp, I'm sure they see me. Can also be aimed at
rearview/side view mirrors of car to be sure they know I'm next to them.

"Paul Bobby" a écrit dans le message news:
Spent my first summer commuting regularly on two wheels and would like
to continue into the fall.
Unfortunately, my commute starts early.....it's starting to get a little
bit dark out there at 6AM.
Recommendations for a front lighting system?