Old April 7th 21, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Special tools for bicycles

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 12:32:44 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:

[1] Old people can rant here about removing Regina, Cyclo,
Merveille etc two-notch freewheels. Splines rcck!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T consider myself OLD!!!!! Well except when I see my friend's kids who are in college. And then I think, DANG, I'm old. But I remember the 2 notch removal tool, process, for Suntour freewheels back in the 1980s. I thought it was a huge improvement having the splined tool to stick into the center of freehubs/cassettes. Of course 40 years ago you could order CUSTOM freewheels from Bike Warehouse. My brother got me a custom Suntour seven speed freewheel. 13-14-15-16-17-20-24. Perfect. No one sells custom cassettes! Went down to the basement to look in the bicycle toolbox. I have two of the two notch tools. One by Suntour. Bronze, silver color. Made in Japan. Other one is black and looks cheaper. Could not read the manufacturer engraving on top.