Old July 27th 05, 11:14 PM
Jasper Janssen

Default The mysterious Leopard bicycle

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:45:18 -0400, Strayhorn wrote:

Recently I found another Goodwill Store beauty, a store-branded 3-speed
in full surburban mode: fenders, full chain guard, Bontrager tires (!)
and Sturmey-Archer hub, candy-apple red paint job with flawless gold
pinstripe, in perfect shape for $14. All it needed was dusting off and
air in the tires. Gave it to the GF for her birthday and she absolutely
loves it.

That'd go for (well) over $200 over here. My latest new ride, built in
1985 (according to the year stamp on the Sturmey Archer AB hub) with a
non-special paint job, a lot of rust, etc was 145 euros. Although I'm told
that in "the provinces" those things are 50-100 euros, even for a good
state. I live in the 4th largest town in .nl, with 200.000-odd inhabitants
and 10-20.000 students or so, so beater (aka student) bikes are in extra
demand here.

Jasper