Old January 15th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John Kane

Default bike opportunities in caribbean?

On Jan 14, 6:33 am, bobdobbs wrote:
Looking to spend 5-7 days on either Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Guadeloupe,
Aruba or Antigua. Would like to spend part of that time cycling,
either around the island or from a home base. I don't hear much about
cycling in this part of the world. Any suggestions/experiences? Open
to other islands, but not to a "all-downhill" or super touristy
experience. Prefer road to mountain biking. Would also appreciate any
ideas on bike rentals.

I'd see what you can find out about Cuban cycling. I've never done it
but there have been some good report and apparently the auto traffic
is fairly light. Here seems to be decent site for some info
http://www.cubalinda.com/English/Act...ng/Cycling.asp

Most people I know who have been to Cuba have enjoyed themselves but
only one was a cyclist--he had an excellent tour.

A good travel agent may be able to find more specific information.

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada