Old October 9th 19, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Living the dream

Dream come true -- and cancelled. For weeks, the only fit day in the
week has been Tuesday, which is too soon after wash day to look
forward to.

Last week, I read the ten-day forecast and yea rah! *Wednesday* is
going to be a perfect day for riding.

Then Monday night I got an e-mail enclosing a contract that had to be
signed and hand-delivered as soon as possible. Another
hastily-planned Tuesday ride, and I'm spending Wednesday, among other
things, putting away laundry. Maybe I'll work in the garden a bit.
I have a lovely day for it.

After giving the contract to the receptionist, I went to Warsaw Cut
Glass. I pass it every time I go to the dentist, but haven't been in
for ages. I should have told the clerk I was looking for small
saucers; none were on display, but I'll bet she had some blanks in the
back.

I need a couple of small saucers to feed the cat, and I realized one
day that my beautiful cut glass spends all its time in the cupboard
and is thick with dust despite being behind doors. Cut glass cat
dishes are extravagant, but I get to *see* them -- every day.

Thence to Walmart by way of Fox Farm. McElroy Hill is one-way to old
ladies -- there is no place to walk on the north slope. I started my
stair-climbing exercises in the hope of getting strong enough to climb
McElroy hill -- the last few years I've been doing them in the hope of
not getting weaker as fast.

I think I could have gotten at least three-fourths of the way up if
I'd had 150W to myself. I didn't feel up to dealing with the hill and
traffic at the same time, so I got off at the beginning of the mowed
beyond-the-ditch. Being able to climb the south slope would not have
been a sign of hope for the north slope anyhow -- one has to start
from a dead stop where the road is already rising.

I wanted to go that route so I could eat a sausage from the hot-dog
roller at Freedom Express for lunch. Alas, every column on the roller
was marked "not cooked yet". So I had a Noble Roman pizza, which
turned out to be a better choice. I'd have eaten all of a hot-dog
size sandwich, but I ate only three slices of the pizza. When I left
Walmart, I wanted something, but not a full meal, and I'd forgotten to
put my bag of bars into my cooler. A quarter of a single-serve pizza
was just right.

Home by way of Bell Drive and Sunset, just in time to dress for Taco
Tuesday at El Faro.

I had a box of cutesy half-pint canning jars and two cans of pickled
beets in my pannier, but nothing that had been on my list. I did get
a gallon of milk when I passed Owen's.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/