Old October 22nd 19, 04:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Refueling

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 12:21:16 +0700, John B.
wrote:

Why does one change ice trays on Sunday?

Cuz that's the day that I'm in the church.

I empty them into the ice bin, then refill them at the drinking
fountain. I don't trust one-handle faucets to deliver cold water that
isn't contaminated with water from the filthy hot-water tank.

I've explained to my husband several times that I've *seen* the inside
of a hot-water tank, but he knows that the only possible reason for
objecting to hot water in the cold water is that it raises the
temperature and the rise is much too small to measure, therefore I
have no reason not to want a one-handle faucet in the kitchen, where I
always want either hot or cold, and two-handle faucets in the
bathrooms, where I always want warm water. So my house is no
exception to the general insanity.

Ah, well, it's *sterile" filth.

One of the teachers at the pre-school told me that she's grateful that
I keep the ice bin full -- she makes at least one ice pack every day.

Which is good news. Kids are *supposed* to collect minor wounds. How
else are they going to learn how to avoid major wounds?

Too often we hear "Newly-licensed sixteen-year olds kill themselves!
We must raise the driving age and be careful that they don't mature or
gain experience during the delay!"

Twelve is the latest possible age to start teaching children the rules
of the road.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net