Old March 16th 05, 01:49 AM
Tom Sherman

i read:

"In fact alkaline batteries only supply 1.5V during the early stages of
their discharge and this drops to below 1.2V for most of their life.
NiMH batteries actually sustain a higher voltage than alkalines during
the bulk of their discharge."

So im surprised if its voltage. Maybe something to do with different
capacitnce / impedence of the batteries. My electronics is a bit rusty.

A new alkaline cell will be typically be in the range of 1.58 to 1.62
volts (open circuit) [1].

A typical NiCad or NiMH cell will have much lower internal impedance
(and therefore higher current output into a given resistive load) than a
typical alkaline-manganese cell.

[1] Based on the thousands of commercially produced batteries I have
measured.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Illinois)