Old September 12th 17, 08:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Sandwich recipe, please

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 22:07:07 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 9/11/2017 1:01 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 10:04:18 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:

The sort of rule of thumb seems to be that it takes about 1/2 hour to
digest food and transport the resultant glucose to the muscles and a
normal Usian diet is probably well loaded with carbos so I'd guess
that the usual bicyclist starts out pretty well loaded with glucose.

McDonalds

IIRC, Lon Haldeman (famed endurance cyclist) ate a lot of McDonalds on
his epic coast-to-coast rides. Personally, I wouldn't go near that
stuff, but it seemed to work for him.

Years ago I read a study of McDonalds meals in an article by a
dietitian. Nothing at all wrong with it at all. Providing that you are
doing heavy physical labour all day :-)

(Hard physical labour - ~400 calories/hour. Big Mac ~540 calories.
With coke and fries ~1,100)
--
Cheers,

John B.