Old June 8th 07, 11:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Default Fixed Penalty Charge - for unicycling

Bummer. I doubt you'll be able to get out of it though - AFAIK all
cycles are treated the same whether tri-, bi- or uni-, so riding on the
pavement is illegal. Actually being prosecuted for it seems a bit mean
though - you'd think a warning would be sufficient. Perhaps the plod
are down on their figures this month or something.

My route to work involves a short bit of footpath (only about 50 yards
or so) and I always feel slightly guilty riding on it. I tend to slow
right down to walking speed and get off if there are pedestrians who
look like they'd be intimidated, and generally behave in a ridiculously
responsible manner, but technically it's illegal. I think you were
just unlucky and came across PC Pedant (assuming you weren't riding
like a lunatic of course )

Rob

--
rob.northcott

'Dartmoor Muni Weekend 2007'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57785) Date now
confirmed as 21st-22nd July. It'll be dry, I promise
http://www.usenet.com