Old February 5th 18, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Are some of these old racers riding track bikes?

John B. wrote:

I believe that bikes fitted with coaster
brakes are still seen, No brake levers at
all, when you pedal backward it actuates the
brake built into the rear hub.

Sure, tho track bikes IIUC in particular don't
have coaster brakes. They are fixed so one
would brake by resisting the forward movement
of the pedals slightly until the bike stops.
I never tried this myself but I suppose it is
a good feeling riding such a bike and the
pedaling technique will probably benefit
from it.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573