Old March 14th 05, 10:59 PM
Dane Bramage

Default Switching to a new bike for long rides

Hey there - this is probably a bit off topic, but wanted some advice
about bikes that are built for long rides and any recommendations.
Since this group is experienced with longer rides, I figure you all
would have a good viewpoint.

I currently ride a Cannondale T2000 touring bike. I like it a lot, but
it's heavy and built to carry a load. Looking for something I can
upgrade to that's lighter and built more for speed.

Not looking for a racing bike - rather something to take out for on day
rides of 100+ miles at a quicker pace, and preferably a more
comfortable ride than I'm used to.

Any thoughts? Thanks if you have them.