Old January 5th 08, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin Dann

Default A new year's resolution for all of us

wafflycat wrote:

"Simon Brooke" wrote in message
Could we all make a set of new years resolutions as follows:

* I shall not contribute to any thread on uk.rec.cycling which is
primarily
about motoring

Actually, I enjoy motoring as well as being on the bike (or trike).
Maybe I don't notice them, but are many threads *primarily* about motoring?

I don't see many primarily about motoring, but their are a lot that
touch on motoring in a way that directly applies to cycling. e.g. Road
safety.

* I shall not follow up to JNugent, Matt B or any of the other well-known
safespeed trolls

Some of us have the trolls kill-filed anyhow

The problem is that they occasionally jump out of my kill files, and I
usually put Matt B straight back in, but at the moment I am a bit bored.

* I shall not contribute to any thread on uk.rec.cycling which is cross-
posted to any other group

I try not to cross-post anyhow, but occasionally have to slap my own
wrist

Cross posted threads are not by definition bad. Many can be good.
However some crossposted to e.g. uk.wreck.driving will nearly always
descend into a troll/flame war.