Old June 22nd 12, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Default Fignon "the professor" on doping...

yirgster wrote:
On Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:17:53 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/21/2012 12:26 PM, Steve Freides wrote:
cicero venatio wrote:
Fignon on doping,

copied excerpt--

In the book, Fignon admitted to doping, describing drug-taking in
the 1980s as widespread. He said it was recreational rather than
performance-enhancing -- aided by the strong Colombian involvement
in cycling at the time and accompanied by large quantities of
cocaine.

Is cocaine a performance enhancer for a bike racer? I confess
(blushes sheepishly) to never having tried the stuff.

Jacques Anquetil and a few thousand race horses seemed OK
with it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

How does cocaine improve performance? Like, the pharmacology/biology.
Is this something "well known" and, dare I add, validated (other than
anecdotally) about cocaine? I never would have thought of it in that
light.

What I think of is: the cocaine scene it Annie Hall.

Well, that's why I asked - I can't imagine it would help but I don't
really have any idea.

-S-