Old February 11th 04, 07:01 PM
Alex Rodriguez

Default Cyclist arrested for taking the lane

In article ,
says...
"Dick Durbin" wrote in message
. com...
"Critic" wrote in message

I have to admit I have often felt like doing what this cyclist did.

That is
one reason I now only ride off-road. When was the last time you heard

of a
motorist being chaged with attempted homicide for running down a cyclist
with a 2-ton pick-up?

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGACVA1QGQD.html

Gimme a hint. How did you come up with that subject line based on the
newspaper article? The guy was arrested for shooting the driver.

Dick Durbin

Here's how. The driver of the vehicle crowded the cyclist,

I must have missed that part of the article.

and when the
cyclist responded with a gesture of disapproval, the driver, instead of just
driving off turned around and threatened the cyclist who was forced to
defend himself. The driver then, once again, tried to run the cyclist down
with his vehicle. The whole problem,
from the hillbilly's point of view, is that this cyclist was on HIS road
taking up HIS LANE!

I also missed the part in the article that said the cyclist was in a lane
of traffic. For all we know, he could have been riding on the shoulder
the whole time. No way to tell from the article.

Alex