Old June 24th 03, 04:53 PM
Penny S.

Default ride beta

I'm scoping a new ( to me) ride for this weekend, Liberty Lake Park. In the
guide books it's listed as
"strenuous" and the feedback I'm getting as inquire about it is everything
form "I've hiked but never biked it" to "yeah, there's a hike-a-bike
section" to, from someone who rides with me, "brutal but you'll be fine. I
guess there's a series of switchbacks that must be hiked, but it's rumored
to be totally worth it for the upper portion of the ride and the descent
which is on a different trail.

Oh, sure I could be in over my head, or way over my head, but if
**everyone** hikes a section or two it can't be that bad, and if people
regularly ride it, it can't be that bad. And even if there are cougar and
bear sightings, it can't been that bad. POtential bonuses include
waterfalls and old growth cedar.

I just get tired of the same old local trails and like to try new things.

I could be sorry, ya never know. RR to follow of course.

penny

just for grins, here's the trail description
"This challenging trial will be fun for those who are prepared for it. For
those who are not, this is not where you learn your trail skills. Lots of
steep ups and downs, lots of getting on and off your bike,and a rocky thick
forest trail makes this a sustained expert loop. There's even a waterfall or
two. Connections to Mica peak ( Idaho) and beyond are rewards for those who
have the gas to get there."

hmmm.