Old February 20th 07, 11:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
need more sun

Default Jason Donald progression

On Feb 20, 6:52 am, "Bret" wrote:
Did a little research on this ex-runner. Knowing that he's from Winter
Park, I guessed that his early race results would show up at the local
MTB race series and I was right:

2003 - 1st and 2nd at two races in the Winter Park MTB series (Expert
19-24):http://tinyurl.com/393lmehttp://tinyurl.com/38tbvm

2004 2nd at one race in the Winter Park MTB series (Pro Men):http://tinyurl.com/2mz2vt

2005 March - Wins the first two Cat 4 (ACA entry level) training
races:http://tinyurl.com/2j7m5h

2005 April - Wins all three Cat 3 races that he enters then disapears
until June:http://tinyurl.com/2wlqtqhttp://tiny...url.com/2ougn9

2005 June - 6th in his first P,1,2 criterium. then no worse that 4th
in three stages of first P,1,2 stage racehttp://tinyurl.com/3dhazbhttp://tinyurl.com/39ansv

2005 July - Wins first P,1,2 hill climb and then 5th at Mt Evans:http://tinyurl.com/2mukn7http://tinyurl.com/2stj4m

2006 - 1st Tour of Gila stage, Colorado state criterium championhttp://tinyurl.com/2ku24ehttp://tinyurl.com/2pejtf

2007 - 2nd Tour of CA prologue

So what we have here is a climber who has been winning criteriums at
every level since he started and has very little time trial
experience. This could get very interesting.

Bret

What you also have is a rider on a team which will be perhaps the most
closely scruitinised in the history of the sport, and voluntarily so.
It's easy to make insinuations but you are conveniently forgetting
this point...