Old January 21st 14, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hugh Mason

Default Is a Shimano Hollowtech II bottom bracket compatible with my old68mm threaded frame?

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:29:14 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/21/2014 9:05 AM, Hugh Mason wrote:

I've found a used Shimano Hollowtech II crank and bottom bracket that I would like to use on my old 68mm threaded bottom bracket TT bike. It would seem that the bottom bracket world has really passed me by in the past 25 years with all sorts of new standards coming on the scene.

Will a Shimano Hollowtech II crank and bottom bracket work as a direct replacement for my old Shimano cartridge system?

Yes.

--

Andrew Muzi

www.yellowjersey.org/

Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Thanks Andrew,

Looks like this calls for a new wrench purchase.