Old February 25th 19, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Coaster Brake Failure

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 8:39:17 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/25/2019 9:16 AM, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/reca...nd-aftermarket

Mysterious. How the hell did that happen in a design 100+ years old?

Yes, I'd have liked some technical detail. Although I realize that's not
the point of the article.

I will say, a three speed with coaster brake is a fairly complicated
bucket of parts. I still don't know what was wrong with the Shimano one
that I had to disassemble multiple times because of its second gear
skipping. It's working now, but I don't feel confident about it.

OTOH, there's not much to the brake part of the device.

Bad grease. https://www.sram.com/sites/all/theme...FINAL_1.19.pdf

-- Jay Beattie.