Old June 21st 20, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Tubeless tire FAQ

Thankfully I do not get very many flats. One a year or maybe two at most. Amongst many bikes. Three of the bikes do use bigger 35mm tubes so I have to make a special effort to carry the big spare tube when riding those bikes. Otherwise the skinny road tire spare tubes are always inside the seatpack that always goes on every ride. And I always carry a frame mounted pump. So the hassle of tubeless on a bike does not make sense to me. All road riding for me on good roads and trails. No mountain bike.

Of course there was the one time when I had 7 flat tires on Paris Brest Paris. Bad, terrible, awful, horrible Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX thin racing tires were likely the main reason for this trouble. Maybe tubeless would have helped???? Or hurt even more????