Old June 23rd 20, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Bigger handlebar bag

On Monday, June 22, 2020 at 2:30:22 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/22/2020 3:34 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, June 22, 2020 at 11:10:47 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
From Jan Heine
(https://www.renehersecycles.com/new-...-huge-restock/

Over the winter, we’ve worked with Berthoud Cycles in France to design a new,
bigger handlebar bag, the GB 31.

Fashion is a powerful thing.

So is capacity!

Today I rode my touring bike to a pharmacy a few miles away, the one
with the best selection of birthday cards. I needed a good one for a
special friend. Yes, I still mail birthday cards! Paper ones!

As I walked in to the store, I thought "Oh, maybe they'll have paper
towels!" See, we haven't found any for weeks. (Maybe they converted all
the paper towel production lines to toilet paper?)

Well, this store had the perfect card AND paper towels! But wait - the
bike isn't the 3 speed with the front basket. It isn't the utility bike
with the grocery panniers. And the pack of paper towels dwarfs both my
handlebar bag and my Carradice saddlebag!

I found only one thin tiny 8" bungee in my bike bag. I was just able to
loop it through the handles of the plastic shopping bag they gave me,
then stretch it from one saddle wire to the other. Luckily, it held
together for the trip home.

Hmm. Maybe I need a bigger saddlebag...

I'd need a 24 Chihuahua handlebar bag for my usual paper-towel purchase. https://tinyurl.com/y8ugt3fr Same goes with toilet paper and napkins.

-- Jay Beattie