Old June 27th 20, 09:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default THE CASE FOR A MANDATORY CYCLE HELMET LAW

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 12:14:06 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

A virus is a molecule.

No, it's not. In this case, it's a strand of RNA surrounded by a
protective lipid (fat) shell.

Exactly how do you expect a mask to stop a molecule?

N95 masks contain at least one melt spun polypropylene layer that is
electrically charged (electret) during manufacture. It works on the
same principle as an electrostatic precipitator used to remove smoke
particles from a chimney. The particle touches one side of the
electric and picks up an electrostatic charge. It then goes through
the electret layer and sticks to the opposite side, which conveniently
has the opposite charge. There is no attempt to filter tiny virus
particles. It can't be done. However, the viruses are usually
transported on the surface of water droplets (aerosols), which can be
filtered and trapped by electrets. Since you don't believe in backing
up your assertions with substantiating URL's, I'll not bother doing
the same.

I really don't care if you want to rant about government
mismanagement, or the real estate practices of your acquaintances.
Like the N95 mask, I'm equipped to filter out anything I find
disgusting. However, it would be nice if you would kindly do some
basic reading before declaring something to be useless or a
conspiracy.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558