Old June 30th 20, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default THE CASE FOR A MANDATORY CYCLE HELMET LAW

On Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 1:46:33 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 12:14:06 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

A virus is a molecule.

No, it's not. In this case, it's a strand of RNA surrounded by a
protective lipid (fat) shell.

Exactly how do you expect a mask to stop a molecule?

N95 masks contain at least one melt spun polypropylene layer that is
electrically charged (electret) during manufacture. It works on the
same principle as an electrostatic precipitator used to remove smoke
particles from a chimney. The particle touches one side of the
electric and picks up an electrostatic charge. It then goes through
the electret layer and sticks to the opposite side, which conveniently
has the opposite charge. There is no attempt to filter tiny virus
particles. It can't be done. However, the viruses are usually
transported on the surface of water droplets (aerosols), which can be
filtered and trapped by electrets. Since you don't believe in backing
up your assertions with substantiating URL's, I'll not bother doing
the same.

I really don't care if you want to rant about government
mismanagement, or the real estate practices of your acquaintances.
Like the N95 mask, I'm equipped to filter out anything I find
disgusting. However, it would be nice if you would kindly do some
basic reading before declaring something to be useless or a
conspiracy.

I am equally equipped to filter out anything disgusting such as your posting which are entirely meaningless since both exhaled high humidity and electrical charges overwhelm the filtering capacity of an M95 mask in minutes. I suggest you actually watch an operation and see how a surgeon will replace his mask several times in a particularly dangerous operation where the patient is especially sensitive to contamination.

And none of that addresses why you would wear a cloth mask when anyone that wears glasses has the problem of his glasses fogging up. Personally I couldn't care less if you hide in your basement for the rest of your life. If the CDC data itself and Fauci's statements before Congress do not convince you that this is nothing more than a Fascist conspiracy you will just have to wait until you have the shackles on before it dawns on you. All over the world psychiatrists have been predicting things like BLM as locking up people and preventing them from working cause psychiatric problems, suicides and other antisocial behavior. But surely in your mind it is all secondary to protecting your rather worthless life in your basement while your family starves to death. Oh wait since the CDC shows actual death rates far below normal you're not protecting anyone by hiding in your basement. You're simply being antisocial yourself.