Old January 15th 19, 02:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default performance brick and mortar adieu?

On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 6:36:43 AM UTC-8, David Scheidt wrote:
patrick patm216...mail.com wrote:
:Many of the performance brick and mortar locations are going bye bye. If you are fortunate enough(??) to live near one (US), you might stock up on useful consumables. Over leveraged from the sound of the type on the demise. They didn't mention the e commerce side of things- likely to continue?
: Regards, Pat

You have until tomorrow to bid on the assets of the parent company.
(which owns a bunch of bike brands, a distributor, and nashbar, as
well as performance.)

--
sig 27

Oh, they own Nashbar? I always used to use them for my consumables..patch kits, tubes (not so much 27" tyres, had to search far and wide to get an interesting varitey), shifter/brake cables, straddle wires (what *is* the proper name for those?) and the like.
Oh well, I guess eBay will continue to be my friend. I still remember a pair of 27" Hutchinson tires (both spelling supported here) I once had...never found another set. Those were nice.

Anyway, Pureheart in Aptos