Old March 13th 19, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

Default Carpocalypse

On Tue, 05 Mar 2019 05:03:08 -0000, Bret Cahill wrote:

Fewer cars but each car spends much more time on the road.

Maybe this could be the end of driveways:

https://www.businessinsider.com/carp...-europe-2019-3

Cars last longer now. That article is utter ****e. Everyone I know and everyone I see has more and more cars. But unfortunately not more and more driveway space. FFS people, if you own 3 cars, have a 3 car driveway. Can't we simply have a law stating that a car may not be permanently housed on a public road? Cars should only park on roads when you're a taxi picking someone up, or you're stopping at a shop.