Old January 28th 20, 02:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Decline in bicycling?

On 1/28/2020 6:10 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 11:01:57 AM UTC, Sepp Ruf wrote:

Andreas Oehler's boycott of travel to Switzerland is worse: Herr
Oehler's stated reason is that they vote more right-wing than he likes.

The Swiss go only one way in my estimation -- up. That I'm not likely to run into Andreas Oehler in Switzerland is an added attraction. That man doesn't have the faintest sense of commercial and moral proprieties, as witness his comparative tests of his own employer's goods against competitors' products, which his employer's gear, and that of BUMM, with whom Schmidt Machinenbau has a relationship so close it is best described as parasitic, always come out on top. I could just about put up with Oehler's sense of entitlement when he came on RBT, but his biased tests are another matter altogether, and I have to wonder where he gets the gall from to call himself morally superior to the Swiss.

I bet the Swiss policeman who stopped Lou and his friend was unarmed and punctiliously polite. Contrast with a Virginia, `USA, policeman who stopped me for a mickey mouse speeding offence and approached me with a drawn pistol. He was also rude: "I don't care **** if you have a diplomatic passport."

Andre Jute
Collector of bizarre circumstances

Well, Virginia even bans radar detectors. Unsportsmanlike!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/