Old December 9th 06, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

Default Towing bicycles

Tom Crispin wrote:

The problem of transporting children's bicycles from one school to
another is one which had vexed me for some time.

I have in the past bungeed bikes to my rear rack, but this has been
unstable and not really satisfactory.

A trailer would be a solution:

http://tinyurl.com/u3l2x from
http://www.islabikes.co.uk/images/ga...railer_480.jpg

But that has a total of eight wheels, four of which are redundant.

To reduce the redundancy as long as two bikes have the same size of
wheel you could use their front wheels for the trailer. Actually with
a little ingenuity you could use different sized wheels either side.

How viable would this low cost solution be?

http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/towing

How about fixing a set of QR fork holders for a car roof-rack at the
rear of the towing carrier. Take out the front wheel of the towed bike
and fasten bungee that to the carrier. You could probably tow two
bikes side-by-side behind your tractor with two sets of fork holders.