Old December 9th 06, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Default Towing bicycles

In article
Tom Crispin wrote:
The problem of transporting children's bicycles from one school to
another is one which had vexed me for some time.

I have in the past bungeed bikes to my rear rack, but this has been
unstable and not really satisfactory.

A trailer would be a solution:

http://tinyurl.com/u3l2x from
http://www.islabikes.co.uk/images/ga...railer_480.jpg

But that has a total of eight wheels, four of which are redundant.

What about a solution which utilises at least some of the towed bike's
wheels?

How viable would this low cost solution be?

http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/towing

I just had an idea, lashed a couple of bikes together and rode them up
and down the road - it seemed to work quite well, so email[1] me if you
want me to make some sketches and discuss further development. I have a
vague idea how it could be better implemented in a cheap easy-fit sort
of way, but can't concentrate on that right now.

[1] address is valid