Old November 14th 17, 10:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Does anyone know PM-PM-F/R203 adapters

On 2017-11-13 18:49, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/13/2017 7:31 PM, Joerg wrote:

There are people who always say that if a bike didn't cost at least
$10k it's junk. I have a different philosophy. If a piece of technical
equipment is priced somewhere in a reasonable mid-range I expect it to
last. Just like the performance we expect (and get) from our cars
which are more towards the lower end of the price spectrum. That is
not asking too much.

I agree about expecting things to last. And I've done pretty well with
bikes. But just yesterday, I was saying to one of my good riding friends
that I'm disappointed in my Cannondale touring bike. Corrosion has
bubbled some of the paint. Maybe this winter I'll pay for a respray or
for powder coat. Damn thing is only 31 years old.

Should have bought a Gazelle frame :-)

Mine is from 1982 and has live in Europe much of its life where they
used to liberally spray salt during winter.

The 1972 Raleigh is still going strong, but of course it's not all
original. The old custom tandem is doing well too, except for the
terribly designed front fork that broke after only 29 years. I really am
****ed about that. The folding bike is perfect, but it's only 11 years
old, and it doesn't get all that much use.

Regarding cars - well, I can't even remember how many we've used up
since the 1970s. It's a lot. I managed to keep one going until it was 26
years old because I liked it so well, but that became a constant repair
project.

Our two cars are now 21 and 22 years old. Not a lick of trouble and they
look like new. No rust, nada. The Audi Station wagon I had in Germany
pretty much survived owner #3 and AFAIK is still going, built in 1987.
The pickup truck of my MTB riding buddy is from the mid 50's. It has a
new engine but only because the previous owner wanted more oomph.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/