Old November 15th 17, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Why do some forks and frames have brake rotor size limits?

On 2017-11-13 19:02, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/13/2017 7:03 PM, Joerg wrote:

[...]

They just don't want to ride.

This is true. Again, we're an unusual group. If you gave every
American a perfectly safe, absolutely level, completely separated
bike path directly from their house to their favorite grocery
store one mile away, I doubt more than 3% would ride bikes to
shop.

They would if you gave them an E-bike with a throttle-only mode.
And if it had an A/C button.

I'm dealing with an infestation of eBikes. Some woman dropped me like
a rock last night on the latest Trek super-commuter eBike while
wearing the most expensive, fully reflective Showers Pass rain
jacket.

Spandex would have been nicer if she was pretty :-)

But yeah, same here on Sunday heading up a rail trail with a buddy. We
aren't slowpokes but then we heard a whirring from behind ... zzzooom
.... a guy in his 70's shot past us on an E-bike. He didn't wear fancy
clothes though.

https://www.showerspass.com/collecti...nt=27454486405
In combination with her super-bright lights, she was a human flare --
and an expensive one. She could have gotten the same dollar-to-lumen
ratio by burning $20 bills. I want all that stuff! It was he
https://tinyurl.com/y7fgaymx The "flat" route home. I was on the
better paved section to the right going up.

You guys need someone to fix those roads. A few more winters and the
underlayment is toast, meaning it can't be patched anymore.

I can't hang with the eBikes through the hills -- not without giving
myself a heart attack, and although death is part of my long-term
financial plan, I'm saving it for later.

Some guys are pushing it too far. I passed a rider last week on a hill,
probably about 65, somewhat obese but lots of leg muscles. That didn't
sit well with him so he passed me and really stepped on it, telling me
"It's on, mate!". I decided not to give chase because he was really fast
and I carried some load. Up the hill where it leveled off I closed up
quickly and he looked totally exhausted. That can't be good.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/