Old March 10th 16, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Heine on inflation

On 3/10/2016 10:35 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 8:53:06 AM UTC-6, jbeattie wrote:
I like the pictures.

-- Jay Beattie.

Yes for scenery they are nice pictures. But the people in the pictures were odd.

First picture you have a group of riders. Some wearing that evil lycra fabric. Racing jerseys. And one guy wearing jeans with a belt? Who rides in jeans and a belt? Oddly everyone was wearing a helmet. I thought this Heine guy was one of the free love, peace, anti nuclear, anti helmet people.

And a picture below you have two guys with Grizzly Adams beards and handlebar bags bigger than suitcases. Were they going on a week long ride and needed to carry all their gear?

And a few pictures lower we have two riders on the road and the bald eagle in front of them. And one of the riders is on the wrong side of the double yellow line. I know the people on this forum advocate taking the lane and riding as far from the edge of the road as possible. But to actually cross the yellow line and ride in the oncoming traffic lane? Apparently they have different rules of the road in Seattle.

Sorta describes 'American cyclists'. Not all certainly but a
good mix.

I am bewildered when confronted with "all you cyclists..."
as if we can be generalized. Sheesh.

Me?
Lycra sometimes, usually not
Slacks without a belt fall off me.
Helmet no, but you go right ahead if you like
Free love once maybe not so much at my age
Peace through strength works unless the other guy is
stronger. Ask the enslaved Tibetans how that goes.
I'm big on nuclear power and nuclear weapons but not so much
on electric bicycles.

See how hard it is to lump cyclists in any given group?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/